1 Firmware, driver and software updates
- Call up the Internet site [url=http://www.avm.de/en/Download/index.php3]http://www.avm.de/en/Download/index.php3[/url]
- Select your product and operating system and click "Search Downloads"
You will find the manual for your FRITZ!Box on our website at
3 Spare parts (e.g. cables, AC/DC adapter)
Spare parts can be obtained from our Small Parts Department:
Tel: +4930-39004415 (Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00 CET)
4 Warranty claims
For warranty claims (within the 5-year warranty period), we will require
- Your AVM device
- The original AC/DC power supply
- Warranty certificate (e.g. copy of the receipt for purchase, delivery
- Serial Number: (see label on underside of the AVM device)
- First name :
- Surname :
- Street :
- Town :
- Postcode :
- Country :
- Telephone :
You can then send us your AVM device for servicing using the RMA No.
1026EOS, as well as your address information (see above), to the
RMA No.: 1026EOS
In order to avoid damage during transport or theft, please ensure to use
adequate packing material since AVM will not acknowledge claims for
damage or loss in transport. Please note, postage and custom costs for
sending in the device must be covered by you as this is not part of the
warranty. For postages from non-EU countries, please attach a customs
declaration on the outside of the package, else the delivery might be
delayed or even returned to the sender.
5 Information on successor products
Please contact our Presales Department:
If you are not able to initiate or receive any calls by a telephone
connected to one of the analogue extensions (FON 1-3) of the FRITZ!Box,
please proceed as follows.
1 Test the telephones separately
1. Connect a telephone directly to the "FON" extension that you are
intending to use.
Do not connect the telephone via a PBX (public branch exchange) or an
ISDN hub to the and detach all other cables and devices connected to
2. Are you now able to conduct calls?
No: Do not connect the other cables and devices and continue with the
Yes: Reconnect the other devices. However, only connect up to one ISDN
terminal device to the "FON S0" that has no own power supply.
Does the problem persist after reconnecting the devices? If so
then one of the devices or its cables is causing the problem. If
the problem occurs when connecting a PBX, this devices sems to be
faulty or incorrectly configured (e.g. incorrect configuration of
number assignments, dialling rules, call by call prefixes).
2 Test with another TAE/RJ11-Adapter
Only proceed with this measure when the telephone is connected with a
double TAE/RJ11-adapter (N/F-coded) to the FRITZ!Box (not provided with
(Embedded image moved to file: pic40656.jpg)
1. For testing, connect the telephone to the provided single
TAE/RJ11-adapter (U-coded) to the FRITZ!Box.
2. Should the problem not appear anymore then it appears that the double
TAE/RJ11-adapter is faulty. In this case we will provide a new one.
3 Configuration of the FRITZ!Box
1. Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Box.
2. Go to Einstellungen > (Erweiterte Einstellungen >) Telefonie >
Telefoniegerńte > tab "Festnetzrufnummern". Under "Anschlussart",
select the type of your fixed line, ISDN or analog (PSTN).
3. Enter all telephone numbers. Please do not enter any spaces or other
special charcters or any area or country codes.
4. Click "▄bernehmen".
5. On tab "▄bersicht", delete the telephone with which no connection can
be established and hit icon "L÷schen".
6. Reconfigure the telephone by klicking the button "Neues Gerńt
einrichten" and follow the instructions of the wizard. Configure the
telephone to conduct outgoing calls via the landline ("Festnetz").
If the extension to which the phone is connected to not be selected, a
different device has been configured for this extension. In this case,
also remove this device.
1. Open the user interface of the FRITZ!Box.
2. Check that the Expert Mode is activated via Einstellungen > System >
Ansicht > check option "Expertenansicht aktivieren" > click
3. Go to Telefonie > Wahlregeln.
4. If any dialling rules are present for the fixed line, delete these.
5. On tab "Anbietervorwahlen", check that no "Globale Anbietervorwahl"
has been entered. If so, please delete the entry and hit "▄bernehmen
6. Only configure new dialling rules after you are able to conduct a
call via the landline.
If the error occurs again after a dialling rule has been entered, it
appears that this rule is inadequate.
4 Correctly connect the FRITZ!Box
1. Connect one end of the the the provided black 8-wired ISDN/analogue
cable to the ISDN/analog port of the FRITZ!Box and the other end as
follows, depending on the type of the main telephone extension:
- ISDN: Connect the other end of the black ISDN/analogue cable to the
ISDN NT box (NTBA)
- Analogue (PSTN): Connect the other end of the black ISDN/analogue
cable to the into the provided TAE/RJ45 adapter and plug the
TAE/RJ45 adapter into the TAE port labelled "F" of the DSL splitter.
If the adapter does not fit in the F socket, please plug into the
left one labelled "N".
The connection should look something like this (ISDN (left), analogue
(Embedded image moved to file: pic16673.jpg)
2. Remove all devices (e.g. telephones, answering machines, fax-machines)
from the first TAE-socket (main telephone). Please only connect the
DSL splitter here.
3. Remove all devices from the telephone port of the DSL splitter.
Connect only the FRITZ!Box.
4. Connect all devices to the FRITZ!Box.
5 Reset telephones connected to the "FON S0" port
Only follow this step when the telephone is connected to "FON S0" of the
1. On the telephone, delete all numbers (MSNs), all call-by-call
prefixes and all dialling rules (refer to the manual of the phone).
2. Only configure new MSNs, call-by-call prefixes and dialling rules
after you are able to conduct landline calls.
5 Deactivate the transmission of text messages on phones connected to "FON
When a telephone is connected to port "FON S0" the FRITZ!Box sends text
information to the telephone as soon as it iniates a call. However,
certain phones do not handle this information properly. Thus, for
testing, please disable this function on the FRITZ!Box:
1. Configure the phone so that keypad sequences can be sent to a PBX,
using the keys * and # (refer to your manual of the telephone).
2. Lift the receiver, dial #960*2* and hang up.
This function can be re-enabled with #960*1*.
6 Enable tone-dialling on telephones connected to the analogue extensions
Please check that you are using a tone-dialing (DTMF) telephone. Pulse
dialing telephones are not suitable.
Please verify that the keypad functions have been enabled on the
telephone and that these signals are forwarded to the FRITZ!Box (i.e.
7 Connect the FRITZ!Box to a suitable landline extension
Connect the FRITZ!Box to an analogue telephone extension, an ISDN Point
to Multipoint extension or to an extension of a PBX that behaves like an
analogue or ISDN Point to Multipoint extension.
Please note, the FRITZ!Box cannot used at Point to Point extensions.
If connecting the FRITZ!Box at an alaogue extension, you may require an
RJ45-RJ11 adapter. Such an adapter should have the following pin layout:
4- |--------------- 3
5- |--------------- 4
Such RJ45 to RJ11 adapters are available at specialised computer shops or
can be ordered from our Cable Department.
Further information on costs and ordering procedures via this department,
please contact them via:
Fax : +4930-56048604
8 Check the used devices and the telephone connection
1. Remove the FRITZ!Box from the telephone port of the DSL splitter and
connect the device (e.g telephone).
2. Are you now able to initaiate and receive fixed line telephone calls?
Yes: Re-connect the FRITZ!Box to the telephone port of the DSL
splitter an the device to the FRITZ!Box. Continue with the next
No: The telephone or your telephone connection is faulty. Please
consult the manufacturer of the terminal device or the telephone
I hope you will find this useful.