Fritz!Box-Forum Italia (unofficial)
Vuoi reagire a questo messaggio? Crea un account in pochi click o accedi per continuare.

Il Forum NON UFFICIALE per raccogliere le novità riguardo i Fritz!Box AVM e gli Speed tedeschi.
Per contattare l'admin: fritzboxforumitalia@gmail.com (solo per problemi di accesso)

Ai nuovi iscritti: si ricorda che è obbligatorio presentarsi nella apposita sezione, pena la cancellazione dell'account

Non sei connesso Connettiti o registrati

[English] 5050 problems

3 partecipanti

Andare in basso  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]

1[English] 5050 problems Empty [English] 5050 problems Dom Dic 13, 2009 11:56 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Gratings from neighboring Serbia,

I need some help with Fritz!BOX Fon 5050. I bought it recently from a guy who already did some modifications on its firmware for use with POTS line. Just to notice that it is black box HW 2000 2313 due telnet says its avm, some German forums indicate this number as 1und1 [UI] model.

So when I received it, it was English Annex A. Due I have 2xBRI ISDN at my home I needed it to be Annex B so I did flash to recovery 12.04.31 exe image. After it, telnet was reporting it as Annex B and web interface as Annex A so I did telnet command for switching to Annex B and after it web interface was reporting it as Annex B.

From this moment I was trying several combinations to connect Fritz unit to mine NT [Greek NetMOD device] without any success. Just to make notice that I dont own ADSL connection and I do not plan to use Fritz for that purpose. Only thing way I need Fritz is to have caller ID at my Windows 7 x64. NetMOD does not have drivers that support my operating system so this is nice solution and maybe in future I switch from cable to xDSL so it leaves me some nice options. Other thing I am not sure about is can I use Fritz as ISDN modem? That would be nice for an alternative connection in some rare situations when cable fails.

Ok here is picture of NetMOD and Fritz how I did connection:

[English] 5050 problems Avmnetmod
First I would like to explain things about NetMOD. It is ISDN NT + ISDN modem. Main line, from wall, is connected under it as shown at picture in its B section. Section A is user frontend, as you can see first is power cord, than 2xS0 lines which are reserved for ISDN telephones, than USB and Serial connection and at the end ab1 and ab2 are connections for analog phones.

Ok, I tryed several different combinations, but from what I understand combination of connecting as shown at picture should work. Only problem is that I dont have RJ-45 to RJ-11 adapter so I did connection with 4 wire ISDN RJ-11 cable. Maybe this is issue of whole mess, if so can anyone post me schematic of such adapter please?

Anyways all I get when connect analog phone to Fritz is, what Fritz manual says, Internal Dial Tone. If I press any number at telephone I get instant Busy signal, except when I press number 1 I get ringing!?

Any ideas about it?

2[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Dom Dic 13, 2009 1:41 pm

lonegunman

lonegunman
moderatore
moderatore

dobro jutro .

the first suggestion that I can give to you is: read the manual ... http://www.avm.de/en/service/manuals/FRITZBox/Manual_FRITZBox_Fon_WLAN_7050.pdf

I don't understand what do you do and what do you want to do ... as you said you don't have an ADSL, the fritz box is a DSL modem and not an ISDN modem, and it's not a ISDN device, to use it you must use a DSL or ethernet connection it MUST be connect to internet via DSL or via ETH (is possible to set the LAN A plug as WAN)
it is not be able to connect itself using a ISDN modem

you can connect the voice cable (if you like) on blue one and the phones on black ones (the RJ45 is an ISDN S0 and the RJ11 are FXO)

probably you have buyed a wrong device for your scope, if you need an ISDN VOIP device you need a FritzX device not a fritz box

3[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Gio Dic 17, 2009 8:37 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Thank you for yours answer!

You are right about yours claim that I bought wrong device, however it may still provide me with some features that I need. That would be connection of Fritz!Box and RVS-COM as an telephony log of incoming and outgoing calls on Windows 7 x64. However I have few problems.

Let me first explain architecture of mine internet connection since its not usual type. My ISP has optical and WiFi 802.11n based network backbone of its network on which are connected switches that deliver internet to home users by LAN cable. Bandwidth and traffic of different users is controlled via main Linux server on which are connected MikroTik routers. So every user has its own username and password for MikroTik hotspot although all users share same IP.

So first problem is to make Fritz!Box connect to MikroTik since it requires username and password via its HTML interface. I can pass that obstacle by cloning MAC address of my NIC and Fritz, so I log directly via NIC [than change MAC to something else] and continue with Fritz. So for now I have a workaround for this problem.

The second and main problem is that I dont have any results in connecting NetMOD S0 line with Fritz ISDN imput line so I can use phone. I try to use simple patch LAN cable for that connection. Question is: is there some special cable pinout for that connection?

Also I would like to know pinout for DSL RJ45 to RJ11 adapter.

4[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Gio Dic 17, 2009 9:30 am

lonegunman

lonegunman
moderatore
moderatore

about pinouts:
the S0 is a plain patch cable
for the DSL (white plug) you can use a plain patch Rj11-RJ11 cable the central couple (4-5) deliver the DSL signal.

I understand how your connection works, is a mesh hotspot wireless right ? can you connect throug a LAN cable to the mikrotik ?
if yes you can configure the LAN A as wan and the LAN B as internal lan.

if you can do it you can use the fritz box also as telefon adapter and use it directly for voip calls w/o switch on the PC

5[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Ven Dic 18, 2009 6:36 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Yes, you understood me well about my connection.

But thing I wanted is to ALL calls trough Fritz, not just VoIP. You know to dial and receive mobile or local area phones via analog telephone that is connected on Fritz. Thing is that I cant manage to make Fritz work with NetMOD.

To see is NetMOD a problem here I will try it on POTS line and report back.

Thanks for yours penitence and support friend.

6[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Ven Dic 18, 2009 8:10 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Hi, I am contacting you via an internet connection trough Fritz. However, [[it seems that I will never stop to use this "however" word as I use this disappoint piece of hardware]] connection trough it seems bugy. When it downloads for instance it starts, than stops for a moment and than continues and repeat that sequence until it finishes. Anyways here are DSLReports speed test results with Fritz and without Fritz.

[English] 5050 problems Speedzr

Since there is so menu of you there who glorify this hardware I must conclude that my unit is out of order.

7[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Lun Dic 21, 2009 7:11 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Ok, here are some updates:

When I connect NetMOD S0 port with Fritz ISDN/Analog port using
Point-To-Point configuration [[termination resistors NetMOD switch ON]]
I get phone ringing when someone calls but no dial tone yet. Same
results I get when I use Short Passive Bus configuration [NetMOD
termination switch OFF] by connecting S0 NetMOD port to Y female 4
wired RJ45 splitter so 1 connection is to S0 NetMOD, one to Fritz and
one to termination adapter [2x 100 O resistors on Tx and Rx lines].

--------------------------
I also managed to get workaround solution by connecting NetMOD analog
telephone port with Fritz ISDN/Analog port via RJ45 to RJ11 adapter. In
this case everything is working, except I can use only one MSN.

New problem in this configuration is kinda slow response when I call
some phone. For example; when I call my mobile it doesnt rings
instantly like it is when I dial via NetMOD, also when I hangup mobile
keep ringing for another 2 seconds.

Another kinda minor problem is sound in phone - low noise sound very
similar to one when you call FAX machine or sound of old modem.

-------------------

I have few ideas about Fritz peaking connection so I will keep you updated if I get results.

8[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Lun Dic 21, 2009 7:42 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

Ok yet another update on Fritz!ToiletBOX:

Speed issue is solved by unchecking DSL speed optimization.

Analog configuration sometimes works and sometimes fails to work. Thing that I noticed is one orange LED really close to DSL connector that is not visible until the box is opened. It behaves like when you connect the power it starts to flash very bright than it blinks few times and it goes off or continues to flash but with lower light. I noticed that analog configuration only works when that orange LED is ON. Way it sometimes go ON and sometimes OFF is mystery like everything else with this device.

9[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Lun Dic 21, 2009 7:20 pm

Miodrag

medio
medio

Yet another update:

Finally I managed to make AVM work with ISDN - only question remains is how coz I am not certain about it. Anyways I switched back to German recovery image 12.04.31. Made setup as picture shows, made fritz.box adjustments [same as with English custom firmware] was testing it and it did not work. I left the box open so I could test when mystery orange LED would
go ON with ISDN connection, but it didnt.

As it was late I call it a day and this morning my father picked up my phone by accident and made successful dial out! No change in any software or hardware configuration only this time mystery orange LED flashed as you can see at picture.

CLIR is not working but I will manage that as soon as I resolve mystery of the orange light.

[English] 5050 problems Dsc00934

10[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Mar Dic 22, 2009 6:27 am

lonegunman

lonegunman
moderatore
moderatore

Sorry but I can't help you ... may be you can do a spell to make it works properly Very Happy

11[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Mar Dic 22, 2009 7:32 am

Miodrag

medio
medio

As I am not specialized with that, do you maybe know some voodoo shaman and Hindu monk that are working via VoIP to spell uncurse and do some protective mantra?

Anyways next step is getting Asterisk to work - I will keep you updated with progress.

12[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Mer Dic 23, 2009 6:18 am

lonegunman

lonegunman
moderatore
moderatore

good luck !

asterisk is hard to set it up properly, may be is easier to use an perconfigured appliance with a GUI like trixbox

13[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Mar Dic 29, 2009 9:25 pm

Miodrag

medio
medio

Hi, heres another update:

Mystery of orange LED light RESOLVED

It seems that mystic orange LED does go on after 1 - 2 minutes from connecting cables. Basically it means that I had good cable configuration from the start but was getting non working results due not knowing that I should wait for 2 minutes before I test telephone.

I hope that this find of mine would save time to people in similar problems.

14[English] 5050 problems Empty Re: [English] 5050 problems Mar Dic 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Massinge

Massinge
Admin
Admin

Many thanks for your information!
That's the Forum's spirit!
Bye,
Good Year!

Fritz box fon wlan 7170 SL v1 29.04.87-ITA-by-Annex-massinge_b_1.02
https://www.fritzbox-forum.com

Contenuto sponsorizzato

Torna in alto  Messaggio [Pagina 1 di 1]